We are pleased to announce the release of version 7.3. This release includes enhancements to the Chronology tab as well as some other new features and improvements.
If you have any questions or would like a demo of these improvements and bug fixes, please contact your Opus 2 Training Manager.
New Tools and Improvements
The Opus 2 Chronology tab has been enhanced with additional options and new features, allowing users more convenience and flexibility in managing case facts and timelines.
- Streamline your reporting with the ability to export only the sections of a document or transcript that have been specifically linked to a Chronology.
- Enjoy more flexibility when importing Chronology data and preserve vital text formatting with the option to import entries from an XLSX file.
- Easily make changes to your Chronology entries in bulk with the option of updating any of your Chronology fields using an import file; each Chronology entry is now assigned a unique ID that can be used for matching upon import of new or updated data.
- Maintain essential formatting and further customise entries with increased support for bullet lists in your Chronology entries’ Description field – even during exports and imports – and the option for text highlighting and background colour fill.
- Run quick PDF exports of selected Source documents directly out of the Chronology.
- Locate source documents for linking to Chronology more easily with the ability to link not just based on the document name, but on any other Opus 2 field that can function as a unique identifier.
- Assign Character values to Chronology entries in bulk with the new “Link Entries to Characters” tool.
- Characters: Conveniently create new Characters on the fly when linking from documents, Notes or Chronology entries, eliminating the need to go back to the worksheet to set up a new Character.
- Documents Tab: Check your documents’ text-searchable status at a glance with the new OCR status column in the Documents tab. OCR’d documents will now have a “Yes” value, making it quicker and easier to identify documents that still need to be OCR’d.
- Document Tab: Custom Bundle visibility can now be changed by admins using Access Control Lists - meaning you can give certain users restricted access to a variety of documents all in one bundle - without needing to share the hearing bundle as well.
- Document Tab: Documents are now able to be copied in bulk.
- Metadata Imports: Easily change the folder location of multiple documents at a time using a CSV import file. Folder path metadata in a CSV file now automatically applies the folder location to the corresponding document.
- Notes: Enjoy increased flexibility with revising or deleting annotations and replies to annotations on the fly with the added ability to edit or delete any Note within a thread.
- Upload Manager: Enjoy more control over your upload jobs with the new option to cancel any ongoing or stalled uploads with the click of a button.
- Fixed a bug wherein the “View” button opens upward and can’t be fully viewed unless zoomed out.
- Fixed the Chronology preview so that Notes made over a page and then linked to Chronology are fully displayed.
- Fixed incorrect times and dates of entries affected by time zone selection.
- Fixed the date setting so that creation date and modified date correctly reflect the current date.
- Fixed incorrect transcript dates.
- Fixed a bug in the Upload dialog causing upload jobs to stall in “Preparing to Process” status.
- Export CSV of “All Documents Including Subfolders” now completing even if there are empty subfolders.
- Fixed the Export Metadata CSV so that it correctly includes Characters linked to documents.
- Uploading Files with too long a filename for Drag and Drop tool will show an error dialogue.
- Filenames with special characters are retained on upload.
- Fixed the “Export Documents with Annotations” filter so that it only shows relevant work product.
- Scrollbar added to “Delete Users” confirmation message for longer lists of users to be deleted.
- All “Disabled” users now displaying their correct status in the Users tab.
- Fixed performance of System Admin Users tab so that it loads even when a large number of users exist on the server.