We are pleased to announce the release of version 7.4. This release includes the new Chronology Timeline feature and other notable functional improvements.
If you have any questions or would like a demo of these improvements and bug fixes, please contact your Opus 2 Training Manager.
New Tools and Improvements
With this new view, you can focus on elements of your Chronology that help build your story as the key events unfold - each event, or fact, is displayed as an easy-to-digest, visual card. You can apply filtering, which can provide a different perspective, and click to view or add source information to build up your case point-by-point. Most importantly, when you want to share or present your timeline, it can be downloaded as a PowerPoint file.
With this exciting new release, users can conduct redaction exercises directly on the platform. Users can now review documents and mark text or geographical areas for later redaction. Marking a document for redaction can be done manually or in bulk using the 'Find & Redact' tool. When the review process is complete users have the option to save a redacted and / or a Redline version of the document, whilst maintaining a master version centrally.
The implementation of this feature allows for bulk find of words and phrases, as well as bespoke editing to the size, width and positioning of the redaction on the page.
New dialog added to expedite the process of finding and adding multiple Characters to documents, annotations and Chronology entries.
Added the ability to remove Characters worksheet entries in bulk.
Added the capability to turn on and off the option to convert bookmarks to hyperlinks on upload, using the “Convert Bookmarks to Hyperlinks” option in the upload dialogue.
Quickly repeat advanced actions taken in the right-click menu with fewer clicks using the new “Recently Used” option.
Easily copy Document Stamps, including pagination, or the document URL from the Document Toolbar for easy pasting into offline documents and workflows.
Language compatibility for German has been added to the platforms OCR capabilities.
View hyperlinked documents with more ease, with hyperlinks launching in either a new window or a new tab in the PDF viewer.
Export and view only the most important metadata fields for your reports with improved CSV exports that contain only the essential data and in an order that best reflects your workflows for uploads and applying metadata. These include original Filenames (without formatting removed) and File Type.
- Easily copy the main document reference from the platform into your Word document with the Annotation Clipboard dialogue, now allowing the option to include the document title and document reference when copying text.
- Improved formatting of the Notes report export.
- Customise your reports with the ability to turn the cover page option on or off for DOC and PDF exports.
- Transcript line numbers now applied in exported reports.
- Search hits within documents now sorted by page when using Boolean operators in your searches.
- Running a saved search opens the Search Builder tool automatically, showing all applied parameters.
Enjoy more control when managing your archives with the ability to delete archives directly, bypassing the need to download them first, and additional flagging of previously downloaded archives.
View the most current metrics per workspace within the Billing Report page using the “Refresh All” option.
- Workspace Admin/Notes settings: Customise settings for the Annotation Clipboard to suit your case team’s data-specific needs by specifying desired preferences for metadata, separators and delimiters.
- Allowed workspace admins to toggle new upload ability of processing document bookmarks on or off as required.
- Show links now shows the Bundle / Tab reference of a document in the drop-down selection tool.
- Natives can now be copied successfully without the "Include Notes" option.
- Email attachments with special characters in the name retain special characters on ingestion to the platform.
- Removed option to Replace Custom Bundle entries.
- Documents with uppercase extensions are no longer incorrectly uploaded as natives.
- Search result selection toggle remains on results page after moving between pages.
- Saved searches now run taking into account all advanced settings used.
- Export HTML index now works with pound '£' character.
- Import metadata tool now matching when filename and IDs contain full stops.